2020 Cat Footwear Gratitude Campaign Contest – Official Rules
- Description.The Cat Footwear Gratitude Campaign Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:01 am ET on April 20, 2020, and ends at 11:59 pm EST on April 30, 2020 (the “Contest Period”). By participating in the Contest, participants (including entrants and Nominees, as defined in Section 3) unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (as defined in Section 11), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Receipt of a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Eligibility.NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be 18 years or older at the time of entry and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia). Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, and grandparents) and household members of each such employee, officer, and director are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply.
- How to Enter.To enter, you must (a) have an Instagram account during the Contest Period, (b) follow Cat Footwear on Instagram (@catfootwear), and (c) post a photograph to Instagram® or Twitter® tagged with #DeliveringGratitude of an industrial athlete in your life who is helping to hold our communities together during the current COVID-19 health crisis, including a brief synopsis of their story (a “Nominee”). LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and removed from the Contest. Any attempt to enter using multiple/different social media account names, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of an entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Contest or accepting a prize, you grant Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, and otherwise use your entry in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including on the internet, and for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Sponsor and its goods or services. You further agree that Sponsor may use your name, likeness, photo and written entry all without further consent from or payment to you.
- Representations and Warranties. By participating in the Contest, you warrant and represent that: (a) the Entry is your original work, and you are the sole and exclusive owner of all intellectual property rights in and to the entry; (b) use of the Entry as described in these Official Rules will not infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any third party, or violate any federal, state, or local laws or ordinances; (c) the Entry is not obscene or libelous, and does not contain anything false, defamatory or derogatory; (d) the Entry does not contain any virus, spyware, malware, trap door, worm, or any other device, mechanism or code that is injurious or damaging to software or hardware used in conjunction with the Contest; (e) you have the right to grant the license in Section 3 above; and (f) you have all necessary rights in and to your Entry to enter the Contest, including the consent of the Nominee you are nominating in the Contest whose personal information is included in your Entry. Entries not satisfying these criteria in any respect will be disqualified and removed from the Contest.
- Winner Selection. During the Contest Period, Sponsor will select a total of 95 Nominee winners from among all qualified entries received during the Contest Period. Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges designated by Sponsor, based upon inspirational quality of the entry’s photo and alignment with Sponsor’s brand purpose. Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received. Prize winners will be notified through Instagram direct message, and may be required to complete and return an eligibility affidavit and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days after Sponsor’s first attempt, does not meet the eligibility criteria, does not fully comply with these Official Rules, or fails to sign and return the affidavit and/or release, then the potential winner forfeits the prize and an alternate winner will be selected.
If a prize winner is considered a minor in his or her jurisdiction of residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of, or to, the winner’s parent or legal guardian, who must accept the prize, execute any required documents, and agree to all obligations and undertakings of the winner, both on behalf of himself/herself and winner, or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Under no circumstances will a prize be awarded as the result of an entry by an individual under 13 years of age.
- Prizes. Ninety Five (95) Grand Prizes: each consisting of one (1) Cat Footwear code for a free pair of Cat Footwear Sprint shoes and a free pair of Caterpillar licensed work gloves. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize is up to US $150. Additional terms and conditions may apply to any gift cards, promotional codes, or similar prizes awarded. Prizes are non-transferable, and may not be substituted for cash. ONE (1) PRIZE PER NOMINEE REGARDLESS OF NUMBER OF NOMINATIONS.
- General Conditions.All taxes and other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. Neither Sponsor nor Instagram nor Twitter is responsible or liable for, and entrants/prize recipients completely release and hold Sponsor, Instagram, and Twitter harmless against: (a) illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected, stolen, late, or lost Entry Forms; (b) network, internet, or computer malfunctions or damage related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (c) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor which may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; or (d) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest. Any entrant attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest, including but not limited to using automated processes for entry, will be ineligible. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, including but not limited to technical corruption or non-authorized human intervention, Sponsor in its sole discretion reserve the right to modify or cancel the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Release.By receipt of any prize, winner/prize recipient agrees that Sponsor, Instagram, Twitter, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the agents, employees, directors and officers of these companies, are not liable whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or from winner’s/prize recipient’s participation in the Contest.
- Winners List. Names of prize winners may be requested by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2020 to Sponsor to the attention of “Cat Footwear Gratitude Campaign Contest.”
- Sponsor/Administrator.The Sponsor and Administrator of this Contest is CAT Footwear, a division of Wolverine World Wide, Inc., 9341 Courtland Drive NE, Rockford, Michigan 49351 (“Sponsor”). This Contest is not in any way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram.