2020 Cat Footwear Hidden Women Contest – Official Rules
- Description. The 2020 Cat Footwear Hidden Women Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:01 am EST on March 8, 2020 and ends at 11:59 pm EST on May 24, 2020 (the “Contest Period”). By participating in the Contest, participants (or, if a minor in their place of residence, the participant’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) and Nominees (defined below in Section 3) unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (as defined in Section 9), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Receipt of a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia). Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, respective parents, subsidiaries, and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, and grandparents) and household members of each such employee, officer, and director are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply.
- How to Enter. To enter, you must: (a) have a Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter account during the Contest Period, (b) follow Sponsor on Sponsor’s social media platforms, (c) between March 8, 2020 and April 30, 2020, nominate one or more women worker(s) (“Nominees”) on social media platforms via photo or video, describing why you think she should be recognized and a brief outline of her story, and (d) tag the Nominee on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter. Incomplete entries and those containing invalid hashtags will be disqualified and removed from the Contest. Entrants may nominate several Nominees but may only nominate any particular Nominee once.Any attempt to enter using multiple/different identities, registrations, or logins, or any othermethods will void all of an entrant’s entries and that entrant willbe disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Contest or accepting a prize, you grant Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, transmit, broadcast, televise, digitize, feature on footwear, and otherwise use the Entry Material (as defined below in Section 4) in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including on the internet, and for any purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising or promotion of Sponsor and its goods or services, and to use your name, likeness, and photograph in connection therewith, all without further consent from or payment to you. You further acknowledge that notwithstanding the foregoing sentence, Sponsor has no obligation to use your Entry Material in any manner or for any purpose.
- Representations and Warranties. By participating in the Contest, you warrant and represent that:(a) your entry, including any material comprising your entry (name, user name, profile picture, video, etc.) (“Entry Material”) is your original work, and you are the sole and exclusive owner of all intellectual property rights in and to the Entry Material; (b) use of the Entry Material as described in these Official Rules will not infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any third party, or violate any federal, state, or local laws or ordinances; (c) the Entry Material is truthful to the best of your knowledge, is not obscene or libelous, and does not contain anything defamatory or derogatory; (d) the Entry Material does not contain any virus, spyware, malware, trap door, worm, or any other device, mechanism or code that is injurious or damaging to software or hardware used in conjunction with the Contest; and (e) you have all necessary rights in and to your Entry Material to enter the Contest, including the consent of any third parties and the Nominee you are nominating in the Contest whose personal information is included in your Entry Material. Entries not satisfying these criteria in any respect will be disqualified and removed from the Contest.
- Winner Selection. Grand Prize Finalists: on or about May 1, 2020, a shortlist of five women Nominees will be announced as finalists for the Grand Prize. The shortlist will be selected by a panel of judges designated by Sponsor, based upon inspirational quality and alignment with Sponsor’s brand purpose, and Sponsor will create a new profile post for each finalist (“Finalist’s Profile”). Voting Period: between May 1, 2020 and May 15, 2020, the public may vote for a finalist by sharing the Finalist’s Profile on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Grand Prize Winner: following the end of the Voting Period, a panel of judges designated by Sponsor will select a Grand Prize Winner from among the Finalists based on the following criteria: (a) shares on social media (30%), (b) inspirational quality (30%), and (c) alignment with Cat Footwear brand purpose (40%). The Grand Prize Winner will be announced on or about May 24, 2020.
Any attempt during the Contest Period to create false votes, automatically-generated votes, or otherwise tamper with, distort, or manipulate the voting process, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will result in immediate disqualification. In addition, Sponsor may disqualify any entry and/or Photo, in its sole discretion, if it determines that the entry and/or Photo received votes in exchange for compensation or other consideration.
Odds of winning a prize depend on number of eligible entries received. Prize winner will be notified by direct message on social media, and may be required to complete and return an eligibility affidavit and liability/publicity release. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) days after selection, does not meet the eligibility criteria, does not fully comply with these Official Rules, or fails to sign and return the affidavit and/or release, then the potential winner forfeits the prize and an alternate winner will be selected.
If a prize winner is considered a minor in his or her jurisdiction of residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of, or to, the winner’s parent or legal guardian, who must accept the prize, execute any required documents, and agree to all obligations and undertakings of the winner, both on behalf of himself/herself and winner, or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Under no circumstances will a prize be awarded as the result of an entry by an individual under 13 years of age.
- Prizes. One (1) Grand Prize Finalist Prize: consisting of an Emily Roebling award, $5,000 cash award, and the opportunity to be featured as the face of an upcoming launch of women’s work boots for Cat Footwear. ARV of each Grand Prize Finalist Prize is US$5,000. Additional terms and conditions may apply to any gift cards, promotional codes, or similar prizes awarded. Prizes are non-transferable, and may not be substituted for cash. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value due to unavailability of prize (or prize component) for any reason.
- General Conditions. All taxes and other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. Neither Sponsor nor Facebook, Instagram, Twitter areresponsible or liable for, and entrants and Nominees (or, if a minor in their place of residence, the participant’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) completely release and hold Sponsor and Facebook, Instagram, Twitterharmless against: (a) illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected, stolen, late, or lost Entry Forms; (b) network, internet, or computer malfunctions or damage related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (c) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor which may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; or (d) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest. Any entrant attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest, including but not limited to using automated processes for entry, will be ineligible. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, including but not limited to technical corruption or non-authorized human intervention, Sponsor in their sole discretion reserve the right to modify or cancel the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Release. By receipt of any prize, winner (or, if a minor in his/her place of residence, the winner’s parent or legal guardian on his or her behalf) agrees that Sponsor, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the agents, employees, directors and officers of these companies, are not liable whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or from winner’s participation in the Contest. If you are an entrant or the winner, Sponsor may require you to appear in publicity related to the Contest or to any similar contest. By accepting the prize:
- a. You grant to the Sponsor the irrevocable right to record, photograph or otherwise capture or document you, your likeness, your voice, or any statements you make regarding the Contest or the prize, by any available means;
- b. you agree that any such captured material, together with your biographical information, such as name or place of residence, or your Entry Material (collectively, all such materials, the “Publicity Material”) may be used by the Sponsors or their licensees, successors, or assigns (collectively, the “Publicity Parties”) in any media, whether now known or later devised, worldwide and in perpetuity, for advertising or promotional purposes related to the Contest or any similar contest. Any such use of the Publicity Material may include the reproduction, modification, adaptation, translation or creation of derivative works from your Entry Material;
- c. you acknowledge that the Publicity Parties shall not be required to compensate you, notify you, or request your permission in connection with their use of any Publicity Material, unless otherwise prohibited by law; and
- d. you waive any rights that you may have or that may otherwise exist in connection with any use of the Publicity Material by any of the Publicity Parties, including any moral rights in any such Publicity Material.
- Sponsors. The Sponsor of this Contest is Cat Footwear, a brand of Wolverine World Wide, Inc., 9341 Courtland Drive NE, Rockford, Michigan 49351 (“Cat”).
- Winners List. Names of prize winners may be requested by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2020 to Merrell to the attention of “2020 Cat Footwear Hidden Women Contest”.